Monday, August 22, 2005

A villain that works

Well, I'm working my way through my list of "painful" villains, so I need to step back and give kudos to one that really works.

He's really kind of pathetic in a way, when you think about it, but it makes him even nastier/creepier in his own way.

Who am I talking about? Per Degaton (note, the page hasn't been updated of late, but pages on this guy are lacking) I got JSA TBP Vol 9 today, and it has the opening of the Degaton arc. I'm impressed and amused.

This is one seriously warped puppy. With the ability to travel through time, he shows up outside of Stargirl's window and watches Capt. Marvel break up with her. Then he sits there and watches her bawl her eyes out.

So, when she's done crying, what does Degaton do? He goes back in time so he can enjoy the whole show over again. Now, this is a piece of work. Spending his time rattling through the time stream, watching the members of the JSA die, just so he can enjoy it the show. Sick, sick puppy. I'm looking forward to seeing much more of this guy.

On the other hand, in his sickness, he's still kind of pathetic. He decided to become the Chronal Voyeur, simply because he finally figured out, that he'd never be able to actually beat the JSA. He can't do it, so he at least wants snapshots of when someone else did the job for him *L*

Great fun, and beats a whole host of Solomon Grundy Appearances, any day of the week (btw, Green Arrow #52 loses 100 enjoyment points for not only bringing the goof out, but then making a "new" one. Yay.

I'll be back later with my painful FF villian, I won't string you along much longer.

No comments: