Monday, August 22, 2005

Painful Villain #6

All right, I've never seen this guy do a good story. Not one. The only thing that keeps him from being far higher on the list, is the fact that his daughter is actually an interesting character, and has added quite a bit to the books over the years.

Yes, it's the Puppet Master Another guy, all you can do is wonder why authors just keep dragging him back, and back, and back, and back and back and back and back. Not only are mind-control stories weak, but this guy just brings the ugly to my comics pages.

I'm sorry, but mind control stories do absolutely nothing for me. Yay, all we do is make the hero look like a buffoon, have people wonder if they are really heros or not, and when all is said and done, you get some third rate angst.

I'm trying to think of a good mind control story, any comic... and while I may be forgetting something, I really can't come up with a good one right offhand.

It's not so bad when someone like Mr. Mind is using meaningless unknown cameos to pull off their stuff, but when the worm actually crawls into the head of a name character for 3-4 issues? I'll pass thank you.

Still, I do like Alicia...so be thankful Puppet Master, you at least managed that much, or else you'd be lurking in the top 5.

Tomorrow... an entire class of "villians". It's a hot topic.

No comments: