Thursday, August 18, 2005

Continuity people!

Ok, I'm something of a continuity freak. Not a total one... I'm not going to sit here and debate things that were back in a long forgotten storyline from 1982.

On the other hand, on the big stuff... I'm pretty fussy.


So, this is a bit of Nightwing's "internal voice"...from his book. It's from the TBP "A Darker Shade of Justice".... I'm guessing issue 30, but I could be wrong (it's the first story in the TPB).

He's just been hanging with Supes, and when Clark flies off

Bruce always tried to warn me about Superman. "Superman's not from our world. His loyalty will always be in question. He's not Human."

I'm not so sure about that. He may be the most human guy I ever met. The flying bit still freaks me though.


Excuse me???? He's freaked out by a flying alien?

Um... wasn't he sort of well... you know... engaged to one? Starfire is a WHOLE lot more Alien across the board than Clark ever was. Not just in her look, but in her outlook as well. Now, I can see Bruce being a bit paranoid, but he's smart enough to know that the "alien" card wouldn't fly with Dick.

Anyway, that doesn't even mention that Dick hung around with a bunch of other people with some pretty freaky powers. If you can get used to Changeling, Superman is nothing.

I'd heard that Chuck Dixon tended to write as if the Titans never happened, but this really seems to prove it. Of course, I did see his recent run in Nightwing where he managed to destroy a pretty large chunk of the "Judas Contract" arc in Teen Titans. Oh, it's not important, just because that arc holds a place in Titans lore akin to "Dark Phoenix" in X-lore.

Yeah, that's the big stuff.

No comments: