Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Job Interview

"Gentlemen, I'd like to welcome you to Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane. My name is Edgar Whittlebot, and I'm the personnel director of this fine institution. You are our final two candidates for the job of security guard here. As you may know, we host a number of highly dangerous patients, and keeping them here is vital for the well being of Gotham City. At this time, I'd like to take you on a tour of the facilities. One of your tasks will be to determine what security concerns you may see."


One Hour Later...

"Ah, Mr. Brown, what did you see?"

"Thank you Mr. Whittlebot. I must admit, that I noticed a number of problems in the security arrangements for the patients. There were signs of loose dirt on the trousers of Two-Face. It would be well worth checking his cell, to see if he's possibly been trying to tunnel his way out. Also, do you really think it is a good idea to have the Condiment King working in the kitchen? I know he's pretty harmless as insane types go, but there was that unfortunate incident where he tried to bomb a mall with mustard gas not too long ago. Finally though, when we going past the Joker's cell, there was a clear chemical odor. I'm not entirely sure what it was, but it is certainly something that is well worth checking into."


"Ah, I see. Well, thank you for your frank words. Now, Mr. Smith, what did you see?"

"Um, that Ivy chick is really cute."

"Very well. Mr. Brown, what sort of compensation were you looking for?"

"Ah, well, considering the nature of the job, I'd say that $70,000 a year, with full vacation, benefits and a company car would be fair."

"Mr. Smith, what sort of Compensation did you want?"

"Uh? Compensation?"

"Yes, compensation, you know, pay."

"Oh, well, I'm getting minimum at LexBurger right now. Maybe another quarter an hour?"

"Mr Smith, you have the job."

No comments: